Meet our Principal
Find out more about Principal Clark!
Principal Michael Clark joined the Lake Washington School District in 2014. Prior to coming to Rockwell, he served as Associate Principal at Redmond Middle School. Michael has a background in instrumental music and served for 14 years as a band and orchestra director in Mukilteo. He holds his Master's Degree in Teaching from Southern Oregon University, and he is currently working on his Doctorate in Educational Leadership at Seattle Pacific University, where he will perform his dissertation work in the area of Culturally Responsive Teaching. In addition to his passion for education, Michael enjoys performing in music ensembles (his undergraduate degree is in trombone performance), and he is an avid hiker.
Mr. Clark has enjoyed being part of the Redmond Learning Community for the past several years, and he is thrilled to lead the amazing Rockwell team, where every day students and staff give their Beagle Best! He looks forward to greeting new and returning students and families in the weeks and months to come.
District Committee Memberships:
- New Teacher Support Program (NTSP) Advisory Committee: Elementary Principal Representative
- Instructional Materials Committee (IMC): Elementary Principal Representative
- Capital Technology Levy Advisory Committee: Principal Representative
- Inclusion Working Group: Member, Principal Representative
Publications and Presentations:
- Clark, M. (2016). Recommendations for meeting the educational and preparatory needs of preservice and first-year teachers in Washington state. Russian-American Education Forum, December, 2016.
- Presentation to Superintendent Stavem and the Lake Washington School District Board of Directors, December, 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nO526IS8ko&feature=youtu.be